My experience in diplomacy
Consular Section of the Embassy of Romania in Brussels
December 2016 – February 2017
Brussels Area, Belgium
- Learning more about notarial and consular acts
- Working with the public, by guiding them with advice
- Performing different tasks given by Madame Consul
- Working with Madame Consul Ecaterina Maria Constantinescu
- Leter of Recommendation provided at the end of the apprenticeship
The Romanian Embassy in Brussels
July 2016 – October 2016
Brussels Area, Belgium
- Coordinated by the Representative of Chargé d’Affaires a.i.
- Working with the Bureau de Promotion Commerciale et Économique Commerciële
- Translations English/French/Romanian
- Writing official reports about the economic situation of Romania, the macroeconomics indicators of Belgium, the exports/imports regarding Romania etc.
- Participation at the events organized at the Ambassador’s Residence
- Letter of recommendation given by the Representative of Chargé d’Affaires at the end of the Apprenticeship
MODEL UNITED NATIONS
VIMUN (United Nations Vienna Model United Nations), August 2015
- Certificate of participation and very good results for representing Qatar in IAEA
- Event hosted at the United Nations Vienna Headquarters
- Our committee got BBC coverage as the meeting was helding one month after the IAEA member countries gathered in the same room and the same headquarter to discuss about the Iran Nuclear deal
Co-Founder MUN Club Constanţa: July 2014- July 2015
- MUN Club is the first Model United Nations club in Constanţa, Dobrogea Region, Romania
- The mission is to make members aware of the UN and MUN conferences and to prepare them for this kind of events
- As a Co-founder, I taugh our members about model united nations, how to write position papers, how to debate, gather information about their contries, how to write their application when applying to an international MUN conference etc.
BISMUN (Bucharest International Student Model United Nations), March 2014
- Certificate of participation and very good results for representing Bangladesh in ECOSOC, March 2014
P.R. Manager at United Nations Youth Association Constanţa, Romania: April 2013- December 2013
- The UN Youth Association of Romania is a NGO founded by students, whose main goals are to promote and encourage UN values and activities among the Romanian youth, the Romanian society, the regional and international community.
- To achieve these goals, UNYARo organizes conferences, seminars, workshops, debates and simulations of decision-making committees of the UN and other international institutions, such as NATO, the European Union or international courts of justice.
- The Association is also responsible for organizing the largest annual Model United Nations simulation in Romania – Bucharest International Student Model United Nations (BISMUN).
- As a public relations coordinator, I had to promote U.N. events of the club in the local region, create PR campaigns for promoting events, write press releases organize different events with my colleagues etc.
UNITED NATIONS VOLUNTEERS
2020 : For United Nations Moldova – UN RCO Moldova – An internet research – mapping of existing and potential donors for development assistance – funding for development, including grants, concessional funding etc. The donors mapping is for all sectors and for all types of donors and organizations providing development assistance to the Republic of Moldova. It should include resident and non-resident organizations, main areas of support (governance, economic development, agriculture, human rights and justice, civil society, climate and environment, others), budgets per years if available, country programme cycle, links to key documents.
2015 : Internet research to help identify 8 of the best sustainable reforestation projects around the world ; the development of a worldwide initiative, “The World School Championship, (WSC), 2015”; Working with Peter Claesson, Indigo Travel, onlinevolunteers.org
Certification in United Nations Humanitarian Civil-Military Coordination Tasks by UN OCHA
Certification in Basic Microbiology by WHO
”Ms. Delia Stamate developed new skills by learning more about diplomatic and consular activity and contributed to the improvement of our activity. We recommend her for any other programs related to diplomatic and consular activity.”
Ecaterina Maria Constantinescu, Head Consul of the Romanian Consular Section in Belgium